Ghoulification
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 Role Play Community. This Community may contain graphic subject matter, violence and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I can hear the crickets chirping....

Go down 
+5
Trig
Charon
Calico
Jarek
Lex Rugsby
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

Caps : 108

I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty
PostSubject: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty04/07/09, 09:39 pm

It's been super quiet recently. Both here, and on Hive Mind, which sort of sucks since I just posted my new chapter. I was hoping for some concrit, I suppose I'll have to wait until people get more free time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

Caps : 281

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty05/07/09, 08:29 am

I know what you mean, I'm hoping it's not all dying off or anything, i was really enjoying the rp on here. I haven't had a chance to read your new chapter as I've been a bit busy myself, but I'll read it tonight. I'm sure it's great as always Smile
But yeah, I'm hoping everyone is just busy and both places will pick up again Smile
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Caps : 546
Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet
Group: Freelance Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty05/07/09, 01:41 pm

Well I'm back from my awesome LARP weekend, so I'll be trying to get more stuff going.
This is a great community and I'd hate to see it die so early.
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

Caps : 108

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty06/07/09, 12:44 am

I was starting to think everyone had died! *relief*

in other news, i finally posted chapters one and two of LFH on FF.net woot!
Back to top Go down
Charon
Wastelander
Charon

Caps : 24

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty08/07/09, 12:12 pm

It's way too soon for this forum to die! Has it been advertised much?
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty08/07/09, 03:44 pm

Only on Ghoulification... I don't really know of any other communities that would be interested in it. If anyone does though, please put it out there!
Back to top Go down
Trig
Wastelander
Trig

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty14/07/09, 10:03 pm

I check in now and then, but I kind of got stuck with an open thread, and I wrote myself into a corner with the Rivet City thing. Would it be totally innappropriate to create another character to interact with myself? lol. I don't really know what to do...
Back to top Go down
Charon
Wastelander
Charon

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty15/07/09, 12:41 am

Since the threads aren't synchronized, if you wanted you could have your character start participating in one of the more active threads in Megaton or Underworld, I think. That might be more fun than talking to yourself.

Come liberate Charon from Ahzrukhal! Smile
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

Caps : 132

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty15/07/09, 01:17 am

Calico wrote:
Only on Ghoulification... I don't really know of any other communities that would be interested in it. If anyone does though, please put it out there!

Do we have banner-ification or a short plug? If so, there's a slew of RP advertising comms on LJ.
You can also link here at the Bethsoft official forums.

Just some ideas. Smile
Back to top Go down
Trig
Wastelander
Trig

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty15/07/09, 03:21 am

Charon wrote:
Since the threads aren't synchronized, if you wanted you could have your character start participating in one of the more active threads in Megaton or Underworld, I think. That might be more fun than talking to yourself.

Come liberate Charon from Ahzrukhal! Smile

Very Happy I suppose my character could take a trip. I kind of imagined her rooted to Rivet City, so it'll take a little time for me to think of an excuse. She's only moved settlements twice in her life - I don't want to go OOC. My fault for making a stubborn character like her anyway.

EDIT: Now that I checked my bio, I see that she did bounce around settlements before. I'm so awesome at remembering things that I made up myself.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty15/07/09, 07:30 am

Yeah, you can post freely in different settlements or in the wasteland, I'd just like people to stay in one spot within a settlement.
As for multiple characters, you can have up to 3 separate accounts (but considering the community size and activity, if you want to make more I'll let it slide. Just let me know first.) Anyone can play one canon character at a time, just to keep it fair.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty17/07/09, 10:04 am

Calvin wrote:

Do we have banner-ification or a short plug? If so, there's a slew of RP advertising comms on LJ.
You can also link here at the Bethsoft official forums.

It might take a while cause I'm working on a lot of stuff right now but I'll try to get a banner made up. If anyone is good at that sort of thing, I'd appreciate any help you're willing to offer. <3

If more people join I'll be changing the canon character availability to "1 month after you start" so everyone here already can still play them, but new members will have to play an OC for a month first.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty22/07/09, 12:49 pm

I can hear the crickets chirping.... Ghoullogo3-2

Logo idea... Let me know what you think!
Feel free to post this anywhere you think it would get attention, and if you have any suggestions for places I can advertise it please let me know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty22/07/09, 01:23 pm

It's good, I'll try plugging the forum on my various online profiles and some of the other forums I go on that might find it interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty22/07/09, 01:23 pm

Great! I've already posted on the Bethsoft forum, so we don't have to worry about that.

Anyone have links for the LJ ad sites?
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty22/07/09, 01:28 pm

Good stuff Very Happy
Well, the two i can think of are:

RPG Connect

and

RPG List

Which may be of use. I'm not a member on either, otherwise i probably would have already done it Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Caps : 211

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty23/07/09, 09:25 am

Alright, I've posted in those two locations as well (rpg_link has a list of other similar communities so I'll be posting in those asap.) This is the format I used in the LJ ads so if anyone wants to pass it around feel free Very Happy
Let me know any places you advertise so I don't accidently double post.

Name & Website/Journal: <a href="https://ghoulification.rpg-board.net/forum.htm">Ghoulification</a>

Format: Go-Board (Forum)

Genre: Fallout 3

Contact: No initial contact needed. (Please read through the <a href="https://ghoulification.rpg-board.net/rules-and-info-f2/rules-and-guidelines-t3.htm">Rules and Guidelines</a> section before signing up.)

Age limit or Rating: No age limit. (This community may contain graphic subject matter, violence and coarse language. Viewer and player discretion is advised.)

Deadline: Open-ended

Game Info: Ghoulification is an Online Role Playing community for fans of the video game Fallout 3. It takes place in the Capital Wasteland and offers a variety of familiar locations and events for players to engage in.

Needed characters: Canon and Original Characters. All new players will start with an original character, and after a month of play can request a Canon as well. (More info in the <a href="https://ghoulification.rpg-board.net/rules-and-info-f2/rules-and-guidelines-t3.htm">Rules and Guidelines</a> section. A list of available Canon Characters can be found in the <a href="https://ghoulification.rpg-board.net/character-roster-continuity-f7/canon-character-roster-t4.htm">Canon Character Roster</a> section.)
Back to top Go down
https://ghoulification.rpg-board.net
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty29/07/09, 04:06 pm

Looks like we have someone new already Very Happy
I will see if anyone i knows can think of other places to advertise too. Not had much luck on this end.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty29/07/09, 08:41 pm

I know, I'm thrilled Very Happy
I'm trying to wrangle my friends who have played Fallout into joining, but most of them arn't really into writing/ have never been a part of a RP community before. I forgot how frequently you can post ads on the LJ lists but if I can do it again I shall.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty30/07/09, 10:50 am

Awh wrangle morrrre Razz
None of mine seem interested either though, unfortunately. I will keep on at it though.
If said new person is reading this, we're on our way! Eventually! Heheh Smile
Where has Khasen gone as well? I hope she's still around.....
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty30/07/09, 04:50 pm

Reposted in the LJ lists and put ads up on my LJ, deviantart, and facebook. Probably won't get much attention there, but it can't hurt to try.
Should we start a new topic in the wastes for our journey to Evergreen Mills? Or should we join the thread Victor started? I'm sure some people may have things they want to address before we get to the big fight, but I know I'm really excited for it too.

On a side note, I live in a basement apartment and it flooded today. Fun times. It looks like a rug and a futon were the only casualties, but we won't know if they can dry under the floor until tomorrow... if not they'll have to rip it all up. wtf
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty30/07/09, 04:59 pm

Aw no Sad Hope you can get it sorted out. I've had leaks in my house for ages, half of one of the bedroom ceilings came down not so long ago. Got it supposedly repaired and now it's leaking again Rolling Eyes . At least most of your stuff is ok though. Shitty all the same Sad Let us know how it goes.
Anyway, didn't know you were on deviantart, I was thinking of joining and putting some of my artwork up on there, but I need to get it on the computer first and overcome my fear of showing my work to people Razz
As for the journey maybe we should start a separate topic in the wasteland for the actual journey and then maybe join Victor's thread when we get to Evergreen mills? Unless you think it's a better idea to just jump straight there? I think some interaction on the journey there would be fun, but I guess it depends on how fast you want to move it Smile
Maybe post on Victors thread to let him know we're on our way Smile
I'm pretty much finished at Megaton now, was waiting for Calvin and Lex to post Smile Can't wait until we get there too bounce
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty31/07/09, 07:31 am

Yeah, I was thinking of having a travel post too. We should do that Very Happy
I'm pretty sure I have a water curse on me, because at our last place we had leaks for over a year and part of the ceiling (they were weird office type ceilings) collapsed.
Deviantart is fun but it seems the only way to get any real attention is to draw fanart. Mine is here *Hates her screen name*
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty31/07/09, 08:13 am

Ok so i just realized how much i overuse smilies Smile (there i go again..agh).
I had a look on your Deviantart (awh your screen name could be worse hehe) and your work is great. I like the style in which you draw your characters.
I do a mix of weird cartoon styles and some more fairly realistic artwork. Usually of characters I've made up and fantasy/science fiction themes. And a bit of totally odd surreal work too Smile
I was thinking of doing some 3 fan art, but to be honest the thought intimidates me hah. I have done some of Jarek, although obviously he is my own creation.
Anyway, i agree a travel post would be great fun. Give our characters more of a chance to get to know each other (and possibly add a bit more drama!) and maybe some extra encounters we have to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty31/07/09, 08:29 am

Yuo Guai anyone?

I have a picture of Calico and Four in my scraps, along with the story of how they originally met. They're both from a DnD game (I actually first used Calico in Ragnarok Online, but it wasn't until DnD that she got any personality.) and I fell so in love with them that I've kept adapting them for different worlds/games. I actually have an outline for an original story with them in a Steampunk world, but I've been too lazy/scatterbrained to do anything with it.

Flood Update: They think it'll be a week before they get the floors all replaced. Someone from the insurance place is in there packing our stuff up now. Luckily there's a storage room in the basement that's about 2 ft higher than the rest of the floor, so everything will be going in there. Since the bedroom didn't flood they're leaving it until last, so we can still live out of it for a while. Our upstairs neighbors are family and they've been kind enough to let us bring our computers and essentials up into their place, which is just great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can hear the crickets chirping....   I can hear the crickets chirping.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I can hear the crickets chirping....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ghoulification :: Out of Character - Fun Stuff :: OOC chat-
Jump to: