Ghoulification
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 Role Play Community. This Community may contain graphic subject matter, violence and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Contemplation and absence

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

Caps : 108

Contemplation and absence Empty
PostSubject: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty06/08/09, 05:35 pm

You may have noticed that I haven't been on much lately. I've been helping out my dad and my brother, getting ready for a huge air-soft game. My dad and his friend have a company that provide military advice and equipment to movies/tv/etc. (does anyone remember that really old radio near the end of transformers? yeah, that was ours. in fact, I got to see it up close the other day while cleaning out one of the mobile command trucks.) anyway, they've been helping out a company that hosts huge air-soft events around Florida.

let me tell you, I've got one hell of a sunburn!!

anyway, that's where I've been but I think I'm done helping for the time being ^_^.

In other news, I've been thinking of writing a semi-fanfic dealing with my character's back story. (once i finish this Charon/LW one I'm still toiling with) I'll probably write it anyway, to keep myself consistent; but I'm not sure whether or not to put it up on HM. It will start off before the raiders, detailing her family life and The Mountain. then it will go in to her early wanderings, her time with Styx, and the birth, life, and death of her son; Diarmuid. ending just about the time she runs into Cal and...Cal in megaton. (the rest is written from there lol)

meanwhile, I'll be dealing with 2nd degree sunburns on my neck (I can barely turn my head lol)

~AG
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Caps : 546
Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet
Group: Freelance Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty06/08/09, 07:03 pm

*hug* I was getting worried!
That sounds awesome actually. I'd love to learn more about Lex. Maybe I'll throw a fanworks section up for people to post art and fics!
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty06/08/09, 07:54 pm

that sounds awesome! I don't want to write a whole huge thing in her character bio, it just doesn't seem appropriate. but having a place to put detailed back stories, art etc., would be shweet!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Caps : 211

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty06/08/09, 09:20 pm

It is done.
Smug

It will be good for the new members who arn't on HM too. Not sure if I'll bother coming up with rules or not. I'll probably add something tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
https://ghoulification.rpg-board.net
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty07/08/09, 01:48 pm

wtf ... that was quick...
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty07/08/09, 02:36 pm

*is speedy admin*
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

Caps : 281

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty09/08/09, 10:58 am

I hope your sunburn is a bit better.
I'm really looking forward to reading more about Lex Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty11/08/09, 09:43 am

I'm already going through the beginning stages of planning this beast. I need to go back and redo my LJ account (because it's ancient and I never freaking update it.)

I plan to use it (and my blogspot) for posting my art and stories. and here's why:

I've been on both DA and FF.net for almost seven years now. in that time I watched both sites collectively go to hell in a hand basket. The front page of DA is filled with the works of a hand full of talented artists that always get the front page, and then ten tons of fanime, teenybopper crap. Honestly, you don't have to have one iota of talent to get front page anymore. you don't have to create a beautiful and inspiring piece of art to get a feature either, you just have to do something so stupid that an admin finds it funny and boom! there you go, daily deviation.

On ff.net I watched some of the most amazing authors get perma-banned for absolutely NO reason. I was banned twice for no reason (and once because I used the wrong rating on a story) I had several stories removed for no reason (though looking back at them they were awful, yet people still liked them for some reason...)

The admins on both sites are so full of themselves that they think they can harass people whenever they want; to whatever degree they see fit. I'm just sort of... done with both of them. My art may not be a Rembrandt, but I try, and when I see some half-assed sketch get front page while my weeks of hard work remain obscure; it boils my blood. it was a good long run, but I can do so much more in a LJ or a blog, than I can on those collective sites.

(or hell, I'll move over to Sheezy Art, wtf do I care?)
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty11/08/09, 09:50 am

Yeah. I find the worst thing about DA is that you can have a full gallery of amazing original art, and one piece of fanart and the fanart will have more favs and comments than all of your original work combined.
I'm still using it mostly for my watch list, but I haven't uploaded anything in ages.
As for FF.net, there's only one game (Okage: Shadow King) that I ever look for fics of and it's so obscure and unloved that there's barely anything. Tis sad.
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty11/08/09, 09:54 am

I LOVE that game!

(I never got to finish it though because the lazer on my gay-old-ps2 couldn't read through the dark blue back anymore. and, the first time a baught it, the disk was dead.)
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty11/08/09, 10:07 am

Ooh that sucks! It has to be my favorite game of ALL time. Epros is love. (Hopefully you at least made it to the part where you get to meet him, sadly he isn't in the game long)
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty11/08/09, 10:52 am

I got as far as the girl in pink from that industrial town...
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty11/08/09, 11:00 am

Aah Linda... yeah. She's something. Epros shows up later, he appears a few times and threatens you/gives you advice an then you fight him, and then he joins you.... then the game ends
wtf

Not quite that quickly, but it's stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contemplation and absence   Contemplation and absence Empty

Back to top Go down

Contemplation and absence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ghoulification :: Out of Character - Fun Stuff :: OOC chat-
Jump to: