Ghoulification
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 Role Play Community. This Community may contain graphic subject matter, violence and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LARPISH GOODNESS!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Caps : 546
Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet
Group: Freelance Mercenary

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty07/07/09, 09:07 pm

Who wants to see my kickass costume from the LARP I went to last weekend?

TOO BAD YOU'RE GONNA SEE IT ANYWAY!

LARPISH GOODNESS! DaniDoor

I was spooky. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

Caps : 281

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty27/07/09, 07:16 pm

Looks good Smile Never done any LARP myself, but i wouldn't mind trying it out some day.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty27/07/09, 07:31 pm

It's loads of fun if you can find a good group and awesome Storytellers. Ours give us a lot of creative freedom, but there's another group in the next town that has an approval system that's damn near impossible to build interesting characters in.
That costume is for the Vampire: The Masquerade game they run and they're working on getting a medieval one started.
I could upload some more photos if anyone is interested? If my current character dies I was planning on adapting Calico but after playing her here without Four I don't know if I'd be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty27/07/09, 07:36 pm

Yeah more photos would be good Smile
Perhaps you could adapt Calico if you could find someone to trust enough to play Four, perhaps? I guess that would be pretty difficult though.
Anyway, i think the thing that put me off trying LARP earlier is some of the crap that went on in the groups my friends were in.
I don't actually think there are any groups near me to be honest. I might see if there are when i move at the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty27/07/09, 08:37 pm

Yeah, I considered getting my fiancee to play Four, but I don't think he could play the quiet, strategic type... Plus Four's only purpose would be to play off of Calico's actions... so it'd end up being a really boring time for the person playing him. It'd be perfect if I took him as a ghoul (Different type of ghoul Smile That's the term for humans that feed off vampire blood and serve the vampires. Sometimes they're turned into vampires but mostly they're just eternal slaves.)

We've had some rough times with people being assholes and idiots, but that comes with the territory. You shouldn't let it dissuade you because it's still lots of fun. Hopefully you'll be able to find a good group.
Very Happy

Pictures!

These are the two characters I play in the regular game. That other picture was from a one-shot weekend game they have once a year.

LARPISH GOODNESS! JesDes

I essentially have two characters in one. Jesika was the main character but she's possessed by her dead brother who uses her abilities to make her look like him when he's in control. He's taken over more and more and has even held a position of power in the city (the people who voted for him didn't realize he wasn't "real" they just thought she was his representative. Then they thought she was schizophrenic, and now they believe her.)

LARPISH GOODNESS! N834610626_4956824_4742

Desmond is sinister. (The bearded fellow in the BG is Singer's player!)

LARPISH GOODNESS! N555230555_3193581_3702

Jesika is shy.

That other guy in the last photo is my fiancee. His character was grumpy.

Last edited by Calico on 21/09/09, 02:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty29/07/09, 02:01 pm

Looks like good fun Smile
I guess I'd feel a bit weird joining a LARP group if i didn't know anyone else in it though. I'll see what happens Smile
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty29/07/09, 02:11 pm

Yeah, our group lucked out because A) We're in a really small town, so everyone sort of knows one another, and B) our Storytellers opened a gaming shop (Magic cards, DnD books, Warhammer, etc...) a few months before they started looking for players, so if we didn't know each other before, we met at the shop.
If you do manage to find a group I'd suggest dragging someone else a long for your first game. It can be intimidating to be in a group of experienced players and strangers, so it's good to have a friendly face around. The most important thing to remember is that everyone is so caught up in what they're doing, they're not really paying attention to you. I've gotten through a lot of potentially mortifying moments by remembering that.
Back to top Go down

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty21/09/09, 01:24 pm

We LARPed! Very Happy Twas glorious! And in a month hence, we shall LARP again!!! Also, two pictures up, I'm the dude in the back. With the beard. Ah, beards. Marvelous.

Last edited by Singer on 21/09/09, 01:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Beards.)
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty21/09/09, 02:21 pm

I made note of you being in that photo underneath it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty21/09/09, 03:12 pm

You did post a note! And you still have my pen.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty21/09/09, 03:34 pm

I do.
Back to top Go down

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty21/09/09, 03:43 pm

Exciting.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Caps : 211

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty22/09/09, 09:09 am

Photo from the new game! It's Singer's player and I. He's the one with the gas mask.

LARPISH GOODNESS! Sept294
Back to top Go down
https://ghoulification.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARPISH GOODNESS!   LARPISH GOODNESS! Empty

Back to top Go down

LARPISH GOODNESS!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ghoulification :: Out of Character - Fun Stuff :: OOC chat-
Jump to: