Ghoulification
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 Role Play Community. This Community may contain graphic subject matter, violence and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!)

Go down 
+4
Vergil
Calvin
Dahlia
Calico
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Caps : 546
Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet
Group: Freelance Mercenary

Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!) Empty
PostSubject: Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!)   Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!) Empty07/06/09, 11:49 am

So Lady_Vaguely's comment about listening to the Mills Brothers while she made her character got me thinking... Anyone have any songs or bands that they relate to their characters or Fallout in general?

My boyfriend uploaded the newest Slipknot album "All Hope is Gone" and had it playing in the background while he played through the first time and it's pretty much cemented in my mind as the perfect Fallout 3 soundtrack XD "Gehenna" is intense, "Snuff" is tragically beautiful and "Psychosocial" is just... perfect.

"Sweet about Me" By Gabriella Cilmi is pretty much Calico's theme song. Hell the video even suits her.
Back to top Go down
Dahlia
Wasteland Wanderer
Dahlia

Caps : 108
Location : Relaxing at Carol's Place before going back to work.

PostSubject: Re: Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!)   Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!) Empty07/06/09, 02:36 pm

How funny you should say something like that because I was totally listening to my friend play Fallout 3 and he had GNR playing in the background. I don't know about anyone else but I pretty much have all those songs memorized by now and the song our lovely Three Dog was on at the time was 'Way Back Home' by Bob Crosby. So I was humming that in my head while I made my character. My girl's theme song is pretty much that and 'Crazy He Calls Me' by Billie Holiday. Every time I play I hope those two songs would be the first to play while I wander through the Wastes.
Back to top Go down
http://ladygreta.livejournal.com/
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

Caps : 132

PostSubject: Re: Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!)   Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!) Empty07/06/09, 07:17 pm

I like that Gabriella Cimli song--hadn't heard of her before.

I love the GNR records, too, but sometimes I want Three Dog to find some new music, dang it. He seems to get hung up on "Civilization is Dying" when I play. And then I have it stuck in my head forever. Not fair.

This is the Mills Bros song I was listening to while writing up Calvin: Moanin' for You. The lyrics don't particularly fit, but the mood does.

...this thread is awesome. I hope everyone posts their "character soundtracks." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!)   Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!) Empty07/06/09, 07:35 pm

Me too! Even if the music doesn't suit the '50s feel of the game, it's still great. You can learn a lot about a character this way.
Back to top Go down
Vergil
Wastelander
Vergil

Caps : 18

PostSubject: Re: Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!)   Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!) Empty07/06/09, 11:10 pm

Well, thinking of where Vergil came from always brings this song to mind. It's called The Night Chicago Died, and it's by Paper Lace.

Roy Brown has got to be a favorite of mine on GNR. I always hope Three Dog will play Mighty, Mighty Man or Butcher Pete.
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

Caps : 108

PostSubject: Re: Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!)   Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!) Empty09/06/09, 11:07 am

I was listening to my playlist on playlist.com, through a little bit of research and effort I found every song from the GNR playlist. I also threw in some Doris Day and Vera Lynn's "We'll Meet Again" it's not the only music I have on that playlist though. I also have some David Bowie, Coldplay, and REM as well as some awesome tracks from Rob Dougan. to be honest I think I was listening to "The World at Large" while I was building her character. then about halfway through it turned into "The End of The World" by REM. (lol)

I'd have to say Lex's theme song is either "Precious" by Depeche Mode, or "42" by Coldplay because of her back story. Then again, It could very well be "Wanderlust" by Nightwish, or "Way Back Home" because of her wanderlust and homesickness. Its really hard for me to decide actually...

I've spent so much time playing Fallout that I'll start singing along with every song. By the time I realize I'm doing it, I'm singing loudly, badly, and it's all rather embarrassing. Then I shut up for a while until either "Way Back Home" or "Anything Goes" come on, it's always one of those two that starts the whole thing in the first place.

(edit, now with links!!!) Glee
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

Caps : 281

PostSubject: Re: Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!)   Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!) Empty09/06/09, 12:34 pm

Well i think Jarek's song has to be Sun and Storm by Mind.In.A.Box, as it describes his story very well, although it wasn't purposeful!
Also perhaps the song Machine Run by the same band.

I think mind.in.a.box influenced his character in general Smile
The band hasn't done any official ones for these songs, so people have made their own. The video on there for the first song is totally distracting from the song itself, so i would say to listen to it without the video. Although whether anyone would actually like the band is probably unlikely, knowing my unusual taste in music Smile

I don't think anything other than the actual soundtrack to Fallout 3 (which i love hehe) that reminds of the game. I will have to think on that one...
Back to top Go down
Eris and Fallen
Wasteland Wanderer
Eris and Fallen

Caps : 124

Character sheet
Group:

PostSubject: OMG WHAT   Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!) Empty16/02/10, 02:02 pm

Glee

I know people haven't talked on this one in like 4eva! But Fallen's theme would be Billy Talent - Rusted From the Rain!

Ava dies in my fanstory so I havn't put thought into her theme, but the chick that replaces her would have the theme song (s)aint by Marilyn Manson... god the girl that replaces Ava is super EVIL Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://alchemistress666.deviantart.com/
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!)   Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!) Empty15/07/10, 09:44 pm

Wanted to add some stuff:

This song reminds me of Fallout in a strange way... I find it very prophetic, especially if you're looking at Fallout!Earth. The video isn't the best unfortunately "Black Cloud" - SNFU.

And a few songs that remind me of Four:

I know I mentioned this song before in general terms but it's always spoken really strongly to me. It reminds me of Four because it has such a calm intensity. The lyrics don't fit exactly with his story, but the emotion behind them speaks volumes. I recommend really listening to the lyrics, they're so beautifully anguished. This video is just the lyrics, but I love how every so often they'll show a picture of the band just to be like, "Yeah, these guys are singing this song." "Snuff" - Slipknot
((The official music video for the song is actually a short film. It doesn't remind me of Four, but it's fantastic in it's own right. I added it too because I really do think of it as a piece of art. You can see it here.

This one actually reminds me a little of Four and Calico, if only because Nico sounds pretty much like Cal would if she tried to sing. Four doesn't sound like Stza though. Warning, it has some pretty offensive lyrics, mostly regarding police. "Two Cups of Tea" - Star Fucking Hipsters
Back to top Go down
Cap'm Crunch
Wasteland Junkie

Caps : 65

Character sheet
Group: Enclave

PostSubject: Re: Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!)   Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!) Empty16/07/10, 08:44 am

Crunch has all songs as his theme song.

....All of them. wtf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!)   Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Music! (Damn this title length requirement!!)
Page 1 of 1