Ghoulification
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 Role Play Community. This Community may contain graphic subject matter, violence and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)

Go down 
+2
Calico
Khasen
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Khasen
Wastelander

Caps : 10

Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty18/06/09, 04:57 pm

Khasen snapped her teeth in his face, nearly catching his nose. Then she stepped back and took another gulp of her whiskey.

"Well, now that that's settled!" she exclaimed, making a point of not taking him seriously, "Now, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to leave."
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

Caps : 281

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty18/06/09, 05:12 pm

Jarek tried not to flinch as the girl almost bit his nose.
He suppressed the urge to grab her around the throat and instead smiled sarcastically.
"Well of course, once you apologize to my good friend over there for being so rude." He gestured to Gob, who was busy trying to furiously polish a hole in the counter and pretend nothing was happening.
Jarek knew the girl more than likely wouldn't do it, but still, something was making him push it and perhaps she might, after all, she was out numbered and Jarek's anger was starting to fade to a dangerous humor.
Back to top Go down
Khasen
Wastelander

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty18/06/09, 06:37 pm

Khasen made a frustrated noise. Arguing was quickly losing it's charm and she was getting steadily drunker. And the drunker she got, the more belligerent she became. She was past thinking of all the variables of the situation. She was only really thinking of Jarek and the door.

"I really recommend you move, boy," she rumbles.

She reaches for a pouch hanging from her belt that holds her brass knuckles. She unties it, fumbling with the knot a bit but does not yet take them out.
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

Caps : 108

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty19/06/09, 04:15 am

Lex saw trouble coming. Any worthwhile waster always carried some sort of protection. She figured that was what the girl was reaching for. Could have been a switchblade, at absolute worst a grenade; though she doubted very much that the girl was that angry. Time was running short and Lex, thankfully, had some options. With Acheron slung across her shoulders and a combat knife in her boot, she steeled herself. Ready to grab either one depending on the situation, she watched things play out. Kid should have taken Cal's advice and let it lie, the way things were going she'd probably be run out of town.

Again.

While Lex never stayed in any town long, she did like the idea of being welcome long enough to sell her scav. She'd seen plenty of disagreements like this turn into nasty brawls, but she kept her mouth shut. This was Jarek's mess, and while she'd have his back should things go south, she really, really hoped he still had his wits about him. The last thing she needed was Simms -some five years her junior- giving her another "you're plenty old enough to know better" lecture. Stealing a glance at Gob, Lex watched as he stared holes into the corroded counter top. She knew exactly how he felt, wanted to blend into the background and ignore the impending chaos. Calico, despite her words, just itched for someone to throw a punch, it was written all over that half hidden, manic grin. Shit was getting out of hand, and Lex could feel herself being manhandled into the role of peacekeeper.

"Jarek, what say you just let her be?" She said quietly, keeping her voice level. Lex didn't like trouble, she liked things to go smoothly, and more often than not she'd leave should things become complicated. She recognized that temper, that "righteous anger". It never really helped anyone, just got you into a lot of bar fights. Lex knew from years of experience that it was better to let these things lie. Petty fights like this didn't prove anything, they just left you bruised and bitter and didn't do a damn thing to make you feel any better. The only option left to her now was to wait, and hope that Jarek would listen to reason.

Still, the thought that she sounded like a chiding parent irked her something fierce. She assumed that he was defending a friend, though she could see the good intention behind it; a fight wasn't going to fix anything. And the girl didn't look to be in a position to be apologizing to anything.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty19/06/09, 08:46 am

Jarek could see the girl untying the pouch on her side and instinctively grasped the handle of the knife in his belt.
Whether she was in a fit state of mind to effectively use what was in there was another thing, he thought to himself.
He knew he was pushing the situation, but the fact the girl was reaching for a weapon of some sort made Jarek realize even more so that he didn't want to do this, not here.
He didn't want to risk it, for Gob's sake more than anything else and besides, he was pretty sure the group he was with didn't want to get involved in petty bar fights over his personal issues.

Another day perhaps, he thought to himself. He figured he would see the girl around again and the way the others were looking at him (although he could see the gleeful anticipation in Calico's face) was making him unsure, although his anger wasn't going to let him back away without at least a comment.

Hearing Lex speak he replied, his eyes fixed on the drunken girl.
"I don't think it matters anyway Lex, she can barely stand up never mind anything else, it's pathetic " he snarled.
And with a scowl, he went to move away, his hand still on the knife.
Back to top Go down
Khasen
Wastelander

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty19/06/09, 10:08 pm

Khasen snarled back at Jarek, clearly mocking him. She made a point of bumping shoulders with him on her way out the door.

((OOC: I always feel the need to apologize when I play a character who is generally a shitty person. She's nicer when she's sober. Kind of. Well, she's quieter at least. Anyways, I'm sorry she interrupted your nice conversation by being a cantankerous old drunk.))
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty19/06/09, 11:04 pm

OOC: it's OK, it's a role play. I was pretty sure no one was actually offended by anything.

Lex audibly sighed in relief. Once the door rattled closed behind the dour girl, she glanced at the rest of the group. She took a few, careful, steps towards Jarek; a warm smile on her face. Laying one friendly hand on his shoulder again, she quirked her head to the side.

"You did good kid. But boy, did you have me worried there for a second! Tell you what, how about I spring for the next round or two?" she said kindly. Turning back to the bar she took up the seat that the girl had recently vacated. With a quick "no offense" glance at Calvin, she turned her hazel eyes on Gob.

"Please tell me you've got something back there better than this Military Special." she said in a joking way. The playful grimace on her face probably looked a lot more real than she had intended, but she didn't particularly care. Gob nodded slightly and produced a large bottle of Amber colored whiskey and four shot glasses from behind the counter. With a wide, appreciative grin, Lex laid an uncounted stack of caps on the bar (more than enough to pay for the booze). Among those who could say they knew her, it was no secret that she'd led a successful career in wasteland survival. Usually taking what she needed from scavving, or felled enemies (raiders, slavers, Talon fucks, etc.) she tended to have caps to spare. Lex didn't like to flaunt her success, it only drew the wrong kinds of attention. Still, she nodded gratefully to Gob and filled the small glasses, passing them to the others in turn.

It was turning out to be a good day.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty20/06/09, 05:35 pm

(OOC: Nah, no need for apologies, Khasen is great and it's all just roleplay Smile )

Jarek stared at the door as it shut, his hand still resting on the knife.
He half expected her to come charging back in with a broken bottle to slash him with.

His thoughts turned as Lex came over.
Shit Jarek, he thought, you really haven't given the best impression have you, nearly getting everyone into a bar brawl over a petty argument
Still he hated bigots, he would probably do the same again. And outside of Moriarty's even more so.
To be honest he was starting to enjoy the strange groups company and he had been pleasantly surprised at Lex's willingness to stand with him on something that she could have just ignored. Jarek thought on this.

Sitting down next to Lex he set his elbows on the bar, his head turned to look at her, his steely blue eyes were curious, wondering again why she even gave a shit and if her scars held a similar story to his.
"Hey, i was meant to buy that round!" he grinned, a playful expression spread over his face. Jarek was lucky the scarring hadn't affected most of his facial features, although he wouldn't really have described it as luck as such, considering some of the psychotic woman he had attracted over the years and the story behind his disfiguration. It wasn't really a word he would use to describe himself. Still, his smile tugged slightly at the scar tissue around his jaw line making it slightly odd looking.

"I guess I'll just have to add to that. After all, i shouldn't have let that bitch get to me. The last thing i want to do is cause Gob more shit & drag you all into it as well" He looked apologetically at the group and then at Gob, his face serious again and reaching into his pockets placed a handful of caps down on the counter to add to the pile.
"Just keep the alcohol flowing Gob" he grinned again.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Caps : 546
Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet
Group: Freelance Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty20/06/09, 09:17 pm

Calico watched the exchanges levelly from her seat, trying to take note of everyone's actions and body language. It was a pointless attempt, she was terrible at reading people and even worse at deciphering the meanings behind their actions, but it seemed like something she should be doing. Definitely something my Mother would want me to do. she thought bitterly. Her mother had been a master of human interaction, almost as charismatic as her charge, Crow. Despite this she spent most of her time listening, watching and waiting... This was not a trait she had passed to her daughter.

As the drunk woman left she nodded to Calvin, "You're one hellofa Diplomat you know? I mean, violence tends to offer more permanent solutions to problems, but I guess being able to talk your way out of shit is pretty admirable too."

She let out a whoop of glee at the offer of further refreshments and downed the fresh shot a soon as it slid up before her. Okay... keep in mind you've got a job in the morning. Better not get too smashed. She snorted out loud and grinned and she offered her glass to Gob for a refill, Fuck it.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

Caps : 132

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty21/06/09, 04:31 am

(OOC: It seems to be completely random whether or not I get a notice that this thread has been updated. Why, go-boards, whyyyy?)

Calvin downed the next shot and set the glass on the bar with a clink. The tension drained out of his posture as it dawned on him that, somehow, the woman had left and things hadn't exploded into violence. What a surprising day all around.

"Good on all of you," he said to the group. "Takes a rare breed of strength to rise above a fight the way you did."

He chuckled softly at Calico's remark. "Chalk it up to bein' old and tired. All the petty fights and violence tend to blur together after a while." His voice grew more somber, and when he continued it was almost to himself. "I remember killin' a man over some smart words in a shanty town somewhere in Iowa...Remember crushin' his face in with the butt of my gun, the sound it made. But I'll be damned if I can remember what the hell he even said to set me off."

He was quick the grab the next shot that was slidin front of him, savoring the sting.
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty21/06/09, 06:56 am

Lex downed her own shot, surprised at the quality a handful of caps could buy. She lit up another smoke and took a pensive drag. Glad that the overall mood of the place had lightened after the girl's departure. They were alright. Lex couldn't really remember the last time she'd liked anyone enough to sit and drink with them. With Cal's reminiscing came memories of her own younger years. Children's laughter echoed through her head, she felt a bite of bitter cold that thrilled her. Thinking quickly, she downed another shot to silence the memories. Absolutely no need to bring those ghosts back out. In an attempt to force her mind onto something else, she reached for her own anecdote.

"Back before this was so faded-" she indicated the scar on her face "-I cut up a guy for harassing me about it. Said "I know that scar, I know who gave it to you. He's probably looking for you, I could take you to him if you'd like." and he had this fucking twisted grin on his face. I cut him so that he'd always have that grin. Turned out he really did know where that bastard was, tracked him down and gave him what was coming to him." Her tone was light, but her face was serious. She ran an idle finger over the tail end of the scar as she took another drag. If they'd known the fear she'd felt then, She guessed the others would have cut him up too.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty21/06/09, 09:30 pm

Jarek listened quietly to Cal and Lex as they talked about their past, slowly drinking the liqueur in his hand.
He found himself wondering what Cal had been like before he was a ghoul and his real story. Then there was Lex and Calico. The two intrigued him, thinking how much they were hiding of their true selves. Probably too much, like me he thought to himself. Still, he hadn't felt this welcome in a group in a long time. He had the feeling he could trust them.

Their conversation had got him thinking about his own personal vendetta and his own guilt. He knew he hadn't had a choice and he'd just been a kid, but he still regretted every single thing and every death on his hands in that time. And he hated that he couldn't truly change anything in the end.
I hope to hell this works out he thought to himself.
Grabbing another drink he tried to stop the memories from overwhelming him.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty21/06/09, 10:31 pm

Grinning dementedly as she listened to the the other's horror stories of revenge, Calico took a thoughtful sip of her fresh drink. She reveled in violence, that was true, but she'd never known anyone long enough or hated anyone passionately enough for their death to make a noteworthy story. Each victim was a job, nothing more, and she paid no more thought to taking a human life than she did from taking a radroach or a bloatfly.

She found herself suddenly disappointed that she couldn't contribute to the conversation.

Instead she contented herself with listening to the others. She felt a strange shadow of admiration for Calvin and Lex. Not them necessarily, but their age and experience fascinated her. Heh... They're probably centuries apart but they've got years on me. Years I need... Her mother's voice spoke in her head, urging her to learn all she could from them, but her ego and overconfidence kept her from asking.

I'm sure I'll pick something up if I pay attention.
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty22/06/09, 01:23 am

There was no doubt that Lex could hold her liquor, but after five or so shots she was suddenly feeling very personable. It wasn't everyday she found herself with good whiskey, or surprisingly good company, let alone both. Taking a little time to enjoy the fact, she took another drag of her cigarette. Come to think of it, this was probably the longest she'd stayed in a town in a long while. Lex was usually in and out before noon, sold her scav, re-supplied, and was gone well before anyone really noticed she'd arrived in the first place. She found no solace in settlements, all the walls and all the guns in the country would never be enough to truly protect anything. To Lex, no place would ever be safe.

In her opinion; comfort was a loaded gun, security was knowing how to use it, but safety was the feeling of warm steel in your hand and the sight of danger lying dead on the ground. Nursing the shot contemplatively, Lex decided that the current topic was leading her down a dangerous path to some very bad memories. Thinking quickly, she came up with a passable substitute.

"I can suss out that you two fine young wasters probably haven't left this "capital wasteland". I know Calico hasn't -you told me as much dear- And as for you Jarek, I can tell by your accent that you're a local. I came here from Mt. Saint Helens myself, Huge city, went all the way 'round the Mountain, all up and down the foothills. Nice rich volcanic soil up there, we damn near provided all the food for the northern part of Fife Valley." She paused for a moment, thinking about her home. "What about you Calvin, where'd you come from?" The question had been sitting on the tip of her tongue for an age now, might as well ask it.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty22/06/09, 03:25 am

Calvin listened to the others speak, staring hard into the nicked wood of the bar. At Lex's question he sat back, leaning precariously but comfortably on his stool. "Mt. Saint Helens, huh? Guess you got that walkin' bug too."

He smiled at her.

"I was born in California--Palm Springs, not that I expect that name to mean a thing to any of you all. Way out south and west of here, on the opposite coast."

He took a deep breath, held it, and let it out slowly, thinking back to the sandy foothills and fields of wind turbines he'd played in as a child. "Born in 2053, if you can believe it. Beat the war by a good 24 years."
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty24/06/09, 09:24 am

Calico could not contain the awe in her voice, "Holy fuck, Sir." She looked him up and down with wide eyes. Sure she'd heard there were Ghouls from before the war, she even sort of believed it, but to actually meet one... For a moment she was completely humbled by the enormity of time and the realization that, as long as Cal didn't get himself shot, he'd probably still be around long after she and the others were dead.

I really need to get out more.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty30/06/09, 08:56 pm

(OOC: Sorry guys, i just had to comment and provoke some more posts (hopefully!))

Jarek nearly choked on his drink when Calvin revealed his age.
Coughing slightly as he tried desperately not to devolve into fitful gasps of air, he sat up, finally snapping out of his morbid thoughts and paid more attention to the ghoul.
Even though Jarek had grown up in company such as Calvin's he had never come across a ghoul as old as this man.
He started to wonder what it must be like to have lived so long and felt his respect for Calvin increasing further.
The guy must have been through some real fucked up shit, he thought to himself.
Jarek couldn't even imagine a life having seen so many days, especially in this irradiated hell hole. And a life that had seen this world before the bombs dropped.
Finding himself wondering what Cal had been like back then and what his story was, he turned on his stool and concentrated on the conversation in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty30/06/09, 11:32 pm

Lex blinked languidly at his words. She could have guessed as much, judging by the way he'd handled his injury. As if it was nothing too important, another day in the life as it were. she finished her drink and leaned against the wall, tucking one foot under her other leg. quickly retracing her past travels, Lex came up with her answer.

"Never been that far south in California. No, the farthest I ever got was Sacramento, then I started heading East. I did stay for a spell in Hilo, round about Mt. Shasta, real pretty country up there. Had the best sarsaparilla I've ever tasted." Her eyes turned dreamy just thinking about it, but her pertinent comments ended there, as usual. If someone asked her about her life, she could talk for days, but when commenting on others stories, Lex found that she had surprisingly little to say. Still, it was for the best, as far as she was concerned. no need to try and swing a conversation onto herself, they tended to do that of their own accord eventually.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty06/07/09, 04:21 pm

Again Calico found herself feeling insignificant compared to her company. Truth was, she'd never even felt the urge to leave the Capitol Wastes. She'd found her niche here, and the idea of wandering off to somewhere she didn't know, or wasn't known, terrified her.

Puffing herself up she leered down the bar at the others, "I may not have seen much of this country, but I've done my fair share of fuck awesome things where I have been. Besides, not much out there that I can't find right here at home."

Still, her eyes returned to Calvin over and over again, unable to imagine how anyone could even exist so long.
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty07/07/09, 12:40 pm

With a practiced efficiency, Lex pulled out her lighter and tossed it to Calico.

"You won't find those around here, too far east. Last place i saw one of those was in Texas, good two-three month walk from here. And I haven't seen a decent city since I got here, just some settlements. You try to find your way in a city of three thousand people!" It took most of her "trusting nature" to hand the girl her Zippo. She'd hate to lose it, but would make the trek west to get another if she had to. It was about time for her to make that trip anyway, Lex was running out of flints.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty08/07/09, 11:27 am

Calvin noticed the varied reactions his age provoked with mild amusement. At least no one was accusing him of lying, as sometimes happened on the rare occasions he talked about the past. He caught Calico's stare, and the defensive cast to her words.

"Some people got to walk a thousand miles to find the trouble they're lookin' for, Calico. I'd venture a guess you stir up your fair share right here at home." He smiled at her.

"Three thousand, huh? That seems burstin' at the seams these days. But just the guest list my fiancee drew up for our weddin' had a good 350 people on it..." He trailed off, smile fading. What had possessed him to bring up Lucy? He couldn't remember talking to a single person about her since...well, ever.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty09/07/09, 08:53 pm

Calico snatched the lighter out of the air with practiced efficiency. Lex was right, you couldn't find them around here... which meant they were worth a lot. More than a lot actually, a possible fortune If you found the right buyer. She turned it over in her hands a few more times, studying the scratched and dented metal surface with a feigned look of disinterest. She chanced a quick glance to the door and found herself with a clear path to it, if she chose to run.

She mulled over the numbers Lex and Calvin had mentioned... Were there even three thousand people left in the world? She found it very hard to believe. Still, she didn't take Lex to be the exaggerating type, and knowing Calvin's years... well anything may have been possible before the War.

Setting the lighter down in front of her she flicked it with her finger sending it jittering down the bar toward Lex. It wouldn't be worth it in the end. These people had her attention at the very least, and may prove to be more useful in the future. "Nice trinket. Doubt it's worth the walk though."
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty10/07/09, 02:52 am

Lex snapped up the lighter as it came to a skittering halt in front of her. With a small smirk the held it up between her thumb and forefingers, it's worn brass surface glinted in the light. She'd had that lighter longer than she could remember; her father had had it even longer before her. With a flick of her wrist and carefully applied pressure, the lighter flipped open in her hand. A daring look to the rest of the assembled party, she snapped her fingers across the wheel, flames engulfed the fluid soaked wick and cast shadows across her face. Pulling another cigarette from the pack in her breast pocket, she lit it; with another flick of her wrist the perfectly worn hinge snapped the lighter closed. Slipping the lighter back into her pocket, she let out a small laugh as the smoke trailed from her nose.

"My Dad taught me that, hard to impress your friends with a cheap dime store lighter." True, her little lighter trick wasn't that impressive; but it had served as an ice breaker in the past. "Incidentally, three thousand is a rough estimate of the largest city I've ever been to. Didn't feel like sticking around for a head count, you know?" She polished off another shot, noticing that heavy feeling at the base of her skull.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty10/07/09, 04:11 pm

Jarek finished off another drink and watched the exchange with some interest. He could feel the alcohol starting to take effect and he realized he shouldn't really be drinking quite so much. But he found he was actually enjoying himself. Fuck it, he thought, it had been a while since he'd had company and conversation without too many feelings of paranoia, so he intended to make the most of it. Especially if a deal was struck tonight.
Still, he knew what happened when he got drunk. He inevitably told people a little too much about himself and he doubted that would be a good idea, so he purposely stayed as quiet as possible. Besides, he was enjoying just sitting, watching and listening.

His eyes followed and widened as Lex tossed her lighter to Calico. It wasn't the usual piece of crap you found around the wastes, and he suspected it was worth a lot of caps. He was surprised she was being so blatant with it. He still didn't really trust Calico and found it especially surprising that Lex apparently did.
His curiosity about the object was fulfilled when Lex demonstrated it's use. Jarek couldn't help but flinch slightly as the flame burst into life. He cursed himself for being so jumpy.
He had to get over that.
All the same the device was definitely interesting and most definitely worth a lot. He felt himself wondering if he would ever travel as far as Lex and Calvin and see what they had seen.
Jarek tried to imagine three thousand people in his mind and eventually gave up. He'd doubted he's even seen 300 people in his whole lifetime.
Throwing Gob half a grin he motioned for another drink.
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty14/07/09, 10:14 am

Lex wasn't exactly sure how much time had passed, nor exactly how many shots she'd had. Conversation usually had this effect on her, especially if the conversation was good. No matter how quiet she seemed, Lex was actually quite talkative by nature; and had to fight with it every day. Once again she resigned herself to settle against the wall and watch as things unfolded. Her usual role as wallflower helping her to blend in, so to speak. It was what she had to do to keep herself quiet, she could feel the alcohol seeping into her brain.

Carefully, Lex took a quick glance at the bottle on the counter. Almost half empty. Through some whiskey addled mental math lex figured that, between four people, she must have had at least six shots. By no means was she a lightweight, but things still left colorful trails across her eyes when she moved them. Not to mention feeling as if someone were pressing down on the base of her skull. It dawned on her then, that Lex couldn't actually remember the last time she'd had any sort of alcohol.

She forced the thought into the back of her mind, too late to worry about it now. at worst, she'd just have one killer headache the next day. Though the lull in the conversation was just the break she needed to make sure she hadn't started slurring her words yet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)   Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Moriarty's Saloon (Megaton)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next