Ghoulification
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 Role Play Community. This Community may contain graphic subject matter, violence and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

*Woe and Despair*

Go down 
+3
Adam
Dahlia
Calico
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Caps : 546
Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet
Group: Freelance Mercenary

*Woe and Despair* Empty
PostSubject: *Woe and Despair*   *Woe and Despair* Empty06/10/09, 09:10 pm

So my computer, randomly and without warning, stopped working. It turns on and the screen lights up but it won't load to the desktop.
I may cry.
I've done everything for troubleshooting in the manual and still nothing. I'm just hoping when I take it to the computer repair guys they'll be able to save the art and writing I don't already have posted online if the computer isn't salvageable.
I'm using my fiancee's computer for now but it's slow so I probably won't be around much for a little while.
Sorry about this... I just really needed to rant.
Mad Sad Mad Sad Mad Sad Mad Sad Mad Sad Mad Sad Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
Dahlia
Wasteland Wanderer
Dahlia

Caps : 108
Location : Relaxing at Carol's Place before going back to work.

*Woe and Despair* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Woe and Despair*   *Woe and Despair* Empty06/10/09, 09:16 pm

Oh wow. That totally sucks. I hope you're able to get it fixed. Pretty soon I have a feeling that my computer is going to do that to me. It's so old!
Back to top Go down
http://ladygreta.livejournal.com/
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet

*Woe and Despair* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Woe and Despair*   *Woe and Despair* Empty06/10/09, 10:32 pm

Back. Everything. Up.

Do it now while you still can. Use photobucket or e-mail it to yourself but if you have anything (even your bookmarks, cause you don't realize how much you miss them until you don't have them anymore) you value on your computer back it up now.

I'm actually pretty lucky now that I think about it. If they can't fix it I'm going to lose a lot of my music and some art and writing, but most of the good stuff is either e-mailed to one of my friends for crit or on photobucket.

Gah, I'm probably going to lose all of the Fallout pen and paper game stats I have typed up.. but I think Singer has the hard copies. That's a good 5 hours worth of typing gone.

Oh irony. He and I were talking today about writing because he writes everything on paper and types it up later and I said it was easier to type it from the start... So naive... So foolish.

Aaaaand we only have one place in town that can repair macs and apparently they charge $100 an hour.

*is being a downer*
wtf
Back to top Go down
Adam
Wastelander

Caps : 30

*Woe and Despair* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Woe and Despair*   *Woe and Despair* Empty06/10/09, 10:36 pm

I always have a motto with computers- it's not "if" they'll break down, it's "when". It's murphy's law, they always seem to break down right before a paper or when you haven't saved in five months..
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

*Woe and Despair* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Woe and Despair*   *Woe and Despair* Empty06/10/09, 10:39 pm

So true. So horribly true. If it's fixable the first thing I'm doing is getting a good quality flash drive (I have one but it can't hold much) and saving EVERYTHING.
It hurts my sooooul... I was a page into the second chapter of "Dehumanization" when it went down! I mean, it's better than being 5 pages in... but gaaaaaaaah.
I'll come up with a plan tomorrow and be fine. For now, I must sook.
Back to top Go down
Charon
Wastelander
Charon

Caps : 24

*Woe and Despair* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Woe and Despair*   *Woe and Despair* Empty07/10/09, 12:04 am

My computer likes to freeze when I've just spent two hours drawing with my tablet or the like. I save compulsively now.

Sorry to hear yours is being a jerkface!
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

*Woe and Despair* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Woe and Despair*   *Woe and Despair* Empty10/10/09, 07:17 am

might as well post this here instead of starting a whole new topic... Very Happy

My dell died a few weeks back. so, thinking quickly; I took the power supply and graphics card out, stole the memory from my dad's junker E-machine and stuck it all in my old gateway. I present to you: Franken-pooter V2!

now, before anyone gets on me about backing things up -wait for it, here comes the relevance!!!- I learned years ago that computers as a whole are fickle, fickle bitches. I have a 40gb external HDD, and stored within it's virus free memory are the last eight years of my life. all of my writing, art, music, various other crap... it has served me well, so well in fact that I rarely put anything on the HDD that's actually in my computer. I scan that thing once a week to make sure that nothing gets corrupted, every so often I re-organize stuff; and on occasion delete really old pointless things to make room for spiffy new stuff.

It's probably the smartest and most important thing I've ever done as far as computers are concerned. now for the really funny part: after sticking this hackneyed thing together it's turned out to be a better computer than my Dell was! *insert rofl here* I was actually able to play the PC version of fallout that I bought almost a year ago -though I barely scrape by in the CPU department so it crashes all the time- oh well, can't win 'em all.

I wish you guys the best of luck on your computer problems!

(on a side note: for some inexplicable reason I've become obsessed with Hamill!Joker, and he's hogging all of my time and creativity for the time being. I'll probably be back on fallout in a week or so, but for now I'm off to watch "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" for the third time this week! lol)

please excuse the complete off topic-ness of the previous side note; figured you might start wondering where I've been.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

Caps : 132

*Woe and Despair* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Woe and Despair*   *Woe and Despair* Empty11/10/09, 02:21 pm

I've loved BTAS Joker since I was 8 years old... one of my favorite shows ever. Mask of the Phantasm is the one I watch compulsively.
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

*Woe and Despair* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Woe and Despair*   *Woe and Despair* Empty14/10/09, 07:41 am

watched that one recently! just watched the episode "Harley and Ivy" yesterday. gotta <3 the Jokers polka-dot boxorz rofl!

and now I'll let this thread get back on topic rofl. (but if anyone's interested i've put up some BTAS/ROTJ Joker fan art up on my lj Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

Caps : 281

*Woe and Despair* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Woe and Despair*   *Woe and Despair* Empty19/10/09, 06:43 am

Really hope you get the computer sorted Sad
I would imagine they will be able to retrieve most of what is on there.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

*Woe and Despair* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Woe and Despair*   *Woe and Despair* Empty19/10/09, 07:10 am

Yeah. I also have to get my cat fixed before he starts spraying so I doubt I'll be able to afford both right away... unfortunately the cat takes priority because I don't want pee everywhere. :S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

*Woe and Despair* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Woe and Despair*   *Woe and Despair* Empty

Back to top Go down

*Woe and Despair*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ghoulification :: Out of Character - Fun Stuff :: OOC chat-
Jump to: