Ghoulification
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 Role Play Community. This Community may contain graphic subject matter, violence and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need some help with armor...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jester
Wastelander

Caps : 32

Need some help with armor... Empty
PostSubject: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty05/09/09, 12:27 pm

Hey all, I'm trying to come up with a buddy for Isaac and i ran into a bit of trouble..

I'm the game, most if not all enclave soldiers wear full suits of power armor, and most of the top ranks wear hellfire ... see the problem? XD

what i need is something a soldier would wear while still being enclavy and not overpowered like the power armor would be. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Isaac Horrigan
Wasteland Citizen
Isaac Horrigan

Caps : 110

Character sheet
Group: Enclave

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty05/09/09, 12:51 pm

<3

Umm... Tesla?
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Caps : 546
Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet
Group: Freelance Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty05/09/09, 12:52 pm

Well you could wear power armor if you like. You are in the Enclave after all.
Maybe he dresses like an Enclave Scientist to fool would-be assassins? Although that may be too light...
Back to top Go down
Isaac Horrigan
Wasteland Citizen
Isaac Horrigan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty05/09/09, 01:11 pm

Yeah, it doesn't have to be Hellfire Armor. If I remember correctly, Hellfire Armor gave a boost to Big Guns and Fire Resistance, since it was custom made to work with the Heavy Incinerators.

Tesla Armor gives a boost to Energy Weapons, and also helps resist Energy Weapons.

I dunno, I can't remember all of this. XD
Back to top Go down
Jester
Wastelander

Caps : 32

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty05/09/09, 01:17 pm

I ended up opting for Tesla ... as most of his weapons ( 2/3 ) ended up being energy weapons.
Back to top Go down
Isaac Horrigan
Wasteland Citizen
Isaac Horrigan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty05/09/09, 04:32 pm

Cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Isaac Horrigan
Wasteland Citizen
Isaac Horrigan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty08/09/09, 05:53 pm

Sorry for the double-post, but I'd just like to say, HOLY CRAP. 7'2"? 320 lbs? The guy sounds like a freakin' Super Mutant, without the ugliness and bad odor.

XD He sounds awesome, though. Can't wait to meet him IC.
Back to top Go down
Cap'm Crunch
Wasteland Junkie

Caps : 65

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty08/09/09, 06:42 pm

Rofl ... i couldn't think of anything so i used my actual measurements.
Back to top Go down
Isaac Horrigan
Wasteland Citizen
Isaac Horrigan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty09/07/10, 03:56 pm

Bumping this thread because it does raise a valid point for Enclave/Brotherhood/Outcasts players.

Where do we draw the line with the Enclave (or, indeed, the Brotherhood of Steel and the Outcasts) when it comes to Power Armor? For example, the Enclave Hellfire Armor (while made for people who specialize in Big Guns) rivals the T-51b in regards to defense. Tesla Armor is also superior to the T-45d Power Armor worn by the Brotherhood and the Outcasts. Granted, the Enclave is supposed to have superior technology to the Brotherhood of Steel, since it makes up for their lack of numbers. But, that is sort of a moot point in an RP.

So, my question is this: Where do we draw the line when it comes to Power Armor being readily available to players? My suggestion is to make only the Advanced Power Armor MK. II (vanilla Enclave Power Armor) and the T-45d Power Armor readily available to anyone in the Enclave or Brotherhood of Steel/Outcasts, and have Tesla Armor/Hellfire Armor available for purchase in the caps shop. The Brotherhood of Steel has access to the T-51b and Medic Power Armor to make up for not having the fancier Enclave armors, but they should still have to buy them.

We can make an exception for Cap'n Crunch, since he was here before this rule was made. It wouldn't be fair to suddenly strip him of his Tesla Armor.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Caps : 546
Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet
Group: Freelance Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty09/07/10, 03:58 pm

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Eris and Fallen
Wasteland Wanderer
Eris and Fallen

Caps : 124

Character sheet
Group:

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty09/07/10, 09:44 pm

I have a suggestion why not make up your own armor like some sort of black Riot Gear; or something like dyed combat armor with the enclave symbol engraved into the chest much like Riley's Rangers.

That is if you are looking for something less bulky.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemistress666.deviantart.com/
Isaac Horrigan
Wasteland Citizen
Isaac Horrigan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty09/07/10, 11:46 pm

I don't see why not.
Back to top Go down
Cap'm Crunch
Wasteland Junkie

Caps : 65

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty10/07/10, 03:54 am

I'll respond to the new posts as they come.

I couldn't agree with you more Isaac. I like how you were able to put it so clearly and succinctly, I'll at least try to follow your example from now on. I'm glad Crunch didn't get stripped... Nobody wants to see that happen, it burns corneas... Sarcastic

Calli ... consider this a third vote for what its worth. Glee

Eris, I'm already sort of planning a personal squad for Crunch that has customized armor but... I'm gonna wait till i actually have the caps to invest in the extra followers thing first. Smug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with armor...   Need some help with armor... Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some help with armor...
Page 1 of 1